Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you charge?
- See our prices page for a full price structure.
How many dogs are walked at any one time?
- Waggy Tails Perth knows dogs have more fun if they can play and interact with other dogs. Our groups are kept small, with a maximum of 6 dogs per walker. Groups are carefully selected with breed, age, sex and personality in mind.
Will I meet my dog walker?
- Yes, We offer a free meet and greet consultation in order to understand your dog’s personality and needs. This will also give you a chance to get to know Anna from Waggy Tails Perth , and ask her any questions you might have and find out how things work.
Do you arrange picking up and dropping off of my dog?
- We collect your dog from your home or workplace and then return them after their walk.
Are you insured?
- Yes, Waggy Tails Perth trades under Girl Friday (Scotland) Ltd and is fully insured by Pet Plan Sancutary, this includes key cover and Third Party Public Liability Insurance. Feel free to ask to see a copy of our Insurance Certificate.
Do I need to be home when you collect or drop off my dog?
- No, most clients are comfortable sharing a set of keys or key code for a key safe with Waggy Tails Perth to enable us to collect and drop off your dog at the agreed time.
Do you do out-of-hours dog walking?
- Yes, please call to discuss availability and pricing.
What do I do if I need to cancel?
- Please contact us by email, text or telephone us giving at least 24 hrs notice, for no charges to apply.
What do you do in case of an emergency?
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, we will immediately contact and notify you. From the the initial consultation, we ensure that we have all the family emergency contact details so please update us if these change. If veterinary assistance is needed, we will take your dog to your named vet or, depending on the circumstances, to the nearest available surgery.
Where do you walk?
- We rarely walk in any built up areas and therefore give your dog the best possible rural experience. Our current walking locations include but not limited to: Forgandenny, Bridge of Earn, Oudenarde, Abernethy, Pitmedden Forest, Five Mile Wood, River Tay, Admiralty Wood Almondbank. And of course we take regular day trips away to Tayport and Elie rather like a Doggy Day Trip. https://youtu.be/GoVmGfx4pIw
What security measures do you have?
- Your house key will be kept secure and is secured in such a way that no key can be identified to any particular property. In the event of your key being lost or stolen we will advise you immediately. Your personal information will never be sold or discussed with any third party in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Do you offer your services on the Weekends and Bank Holidays?
- Yes, please contact us to discuss as availability is limited.
How do you transport my dog to the walk location?
- We have 2 fully insured zero emission van’s, which has dog crates fitted with non slip mats and access to fresh drinking water.
I only require occasional walks for my dog, not every week or every day, can you help?
- Yes, We are happy to provide ad hoc services, assuming we have availability. We recommend that you give us as much notice as possible and discuss your needs with us.
What happens in bad weather?
- We get wet! We will clean and dry your dog off as much as possible. We do ask that you leave out a towel and a have a hose that we can access if required particularly during the autumn and winter periods.
Do you walk off lead?
- It depends on what you want, but generally yes, If your dog is a little bit rusty on their recall then we can keep them on a long lead so they can run and play safely. We appreciate that there are some doggies that simply like to be on their own and we can cater for this so please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Do you offer Homeboarding?
- Yes, We are licensed by Perth & Kinross Council to homeboard to dogs from the same household. All boarding dogs must be fully vaccinated, flea, worm & tick treated as well as having a successful familiarisation session with our own 2 doggies to ensure they all get on. Our licence no. is HB/PK/108.